Birds Of Churchill, Manitoba
18 Days Road / Train Expedition – Price Start at $5,999
6 Days Expedition Churchill – CONTACT US
June is an amazing time to visit Churchill!
Belugas are roaming in the Hudson Bay and the Polar Bear are emerging from their den.
In this 7 days scientific research expedition, our local tour leader –Robin Allen will lead tourism to see Polar Bears, Beluga Whales, over 200 nesting or migrating bird species, seals, Arctic Hares, Arctic Foxs and more.
- Arrival at the Town of Churchill, Manitoba
- Breakfast in the Dancing Bear Restaurant, explore the Tundra in search of the Red fox, Altaic rabbit, various species of birds and the polar bear
- Lunch break at the Sea Port Hotel Return to the Tundra to continue the wildlife tour with a Photography guide
- Dinner at Tundra Inn Dinning Room
- Return to the Ice Berg Inn and rest for the night
- Free shuttle back to Churchill airport for departure
- Our Tutor will offer free advice on good photography techniques.
- Our Tutor will look for the opportunity of spotting the birds, ducks and Arctic Hare
- Digital Camera and 100-400 mm zoom lens or greater
- Light weight Tripod
- 28-105mm zoom lens and rechargeable flashlight
Included in our tour costs:
- all photography techniques by our experts and return shuttle to airport
- All Transportation and hotel fee – ( Vancouver to Thompson )
Excluded from our costs:
- Airfare, Local Tour Guides and drivers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Boat Tour for midnight sun, ice berg watching.
|June 13||Day 1||5hr/475KM|
|Destination:||Salmon Arm, BC||Best Western|
|June 14||Day 2||4 Hr/375Km|
|Departure:||Salmon Arm, BC|
|Destination:||Calgary, AB||Best Western|
|June 15||Day 3||7-1/2 Hr-750KM|
|Destination:||Regina, MB||Best Western|
|June 16||Day 4||6 Hr/600Km|
|Destination:||Winnipeg, MB||Best Western|
|June 17||Day 5||8 Hr/800Km|
|June 18 – 5:00pm|
|Departure at VIA Rail Thompson Train Station|
|June 19 – 11:00am|
|Arrived at VIA Rail Churchill Train Station – Ice Berg Inn|
|June 20 – 24||Day 8-12|
|Town of Churchill||City Tour|
|Breakfast||Dancing Bear Restaurant|
|Lunch||Sea Port Hotel|
|Dinner||Tundra Inn Dinning Room|
|Hotel||Ice Berg Inn|
Add On : NANUQTOURS TOURS
Tours will be done in three quadrants per day.
In search of hawks and falcons like the Gyrfalcon and Peregrine Falcon. Snowy Owls, King Eider and common Eider, Tundra Swans, terns and gulls, harlequin ducks and the rare Ross’s Gull. Over 250+ Species.
Tours will be conducted in areas of sightings.
- Cape Merry
- Akudlik Marsh
- Bird Cove / Launch
- Twin Lakes
- Goose Creek
Transportation to and from these areas will be explored on a quadrant time. Two teams will go out and spot in different areas daily. Reporting back of the observations.
Weather and time permitted, we will also do boat tours. Each tour will be taken by boat to see the coastal area for birds, whales and other marine wildlife including the Polar Bear.
We will arrange a shore lunch where coastal observations will take place.
|Cost :||$ 150||3 Hours|
All Price is “Not Included ” in the Local tour
|June 24||5:00 pm||Day 13|
|Departure:||Churchill VIA Rail Train Station||$67/Person|
|Destination:||Thompson VIA Rail Train Station|
|June 25||11:00 am||Day 14|
|Arrived :||Thompson VIA Rail Train Station||Best Western|
|June 26||Day: 15||8 Hr / 750 Km|
|Destination:||Prince Albert, SK||Best Western|
|June 27||Day: 16||6 Hr / 600 Km|
|Departure:||Prince Albert, SK|
|Destination:||Edmonton, AB||Best Western|
|June 28||Day: 17||5-1/2Hr 500Km|
|June 29||Day: 18||8 Hr/700 Km|